The Scorpion Watchdog - Resuscitator is a collection of applications and components designed to help the user with flexible application management on standalone machine vision systems running the Windows Operating System.
- Scorpion Watchdog guarantees that your services are available 24 hours a day.
- The program watch feature restarts any application in seconds.
- You can restart your computer over tcp/ip from another computer or program
The built in Program Scheduler runs e.g. automatically scheduled backup every morning at five or restarts your computers / servers every week.
Increases the system availability close to 100%
Managing startup and shutdown sequences can be tricky on windows computers
Scorpion WatchDog sequences the startup in a strict manner.
By inspecting the built-in event-log with detailed information,
- Resuscitator helps you understand what is happening on your servers/computers.
If working in a multiple screen setup, Resuscitator can keep an application in a fixed position on screen thus improving the overview.
This is just a few examples of the Resuscitator flexibility - because Scorpion Watchdog is a configurable tool - it does what you need it to do.
The Resuscitator in the startup group will normally use the following command-line option:
- resuscitator shutdown.ini -hide
With this command line all applications defined in the ini-file will be started and resuscitator will hide itself. It is normal to configure the following programs:
- Shutdown - enabling remote shutdown of the server
- Server Control Panel - FindResuscitator used as a local server control panel
With the AutoLogon feature it is possible to extend Scorpion Watchdog not only to be a Startup Replacement but to be a Shell replacement. This means that Scorpion Watchdog is replacing the explorer shell and limiting the normal user’s access to the explorer functions.
- The program watch feature with automatic restart guarantees that your services are available 24/7
- Automate backups and restarts
- Keep an application in a fixed position on screen
- Keep-alive to detect when an application has stopped
- Completely kill any Windows application
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 both 32 and 64 bit operating systems
Applications in Scorpion WatchDog
- Scorpion WatchDog - Resuscitator * a tool to ensure program availability on a machine running Windows
- Find Resuscitator
- The purpose of Find Resuscitator is to be a control panel for the Resuscitator Server program.
As shell replacement
On a standalone computer it is very handy to use Scorpion Watchdog as a Shell or Startup Group replacement. This means that all entries in the Startup Group are defined as applications in Scorpion Watchdog and replaced by one shortcut to Scorpion Watchdog.