SCD-0018 Network Camera¶
Scorpion Vision Software supports Network cameras that serve images via http or ftp servers.
Currently tested with Sony SNC-CS20 Network Camera.
- Scorpion Vision Software version 7 or higher
- Configured Network Camera
- On some machines with Windows Vista and Internet Explorer 8, driver may not load due missing dependency IEShims.dll.
- In that case copy IEShims.dll from C:Program FilesInternet Explorer to the same folder where NetworkCamera.dll installed.
URL - Http or Ftp URL to image. URL for Sony Network Camera is http://<camera_address>/oneshotimage.jpg.
Request Rate Mult and Request Rate Div * These are multiplier and divider to the actual request rate, calculated as follows:
- Actual Request Rate (seconds per image) = “Request Rate Mult” / “Request Rate Div”.
- The valid value range for both parameters is [1..60] seconds. Thus the actual request rate interval can be specified from the range of [1/60s..60s].
- The actual request rate is frequency by which network camera is requested for a new image. If there is some network problem or delay then Scorpion would receive the image with delay, or would not receive at all. However the session is opened/closed each time image is being requested, so if the network problem is not permanent, it should not affect subsequent image requests.
- to set Frame rate for Sony SNC-CS20 camera, use Internet Explorer to navigate to settings page and then choose Camera -> Video Codec.
- Change JPEG setting Frame Rate and click OK.
- The camera refresh rate must match the actual refresh rate specified in the driver.
The following named properties can be dynamically accessed with the ‘SetProperty’ and ‘GetProperty’ commands:
- ‘continuous’ or ‘continous’ - read/write
- ‘width’ - read only
- ‘height’ - read only
- ‘grayscale’ - read only
- ‘RefreshRate’ - read/write
- ‘RefreshRateUnit’ - read/write
Example 1: Start Continuous grabbing
Example 2: Stop Continuous grabbing
Example 3: Set image request rate to 1 image per 5 seconds
cam= GetCamera('0') cam.setProperty('RefreshRateUnit', 5) cam.setProperty('RefreshRate', 1)
Example 4: Set image request rate to 8 images per 3 seconds
cam= GetCamera('0') cam.setProperty('RefreshRateUnit', 3) cam.setProperty('RefreshRate', 8)
- 18.104.22.168 - 15mar2011, min Scorpion Vision Software version: 7.x.x.x
- ignore cache and always force download of files
- changed names to more self-explanatory - ‘refresh rate mult’ and ‘refresh rate div’ instead of ‘refresh rate unit’ and ‘refresh rate’
- 22.214.171.124 - 25jan2011, min Scorpion Vision Software version: 7.x.x.x
- support of “continous” property along with “continuous”
- new parameter - refresh length unit
- constant image acquisition only when in continous mode
- 126.96.36.199 - 20jan2011, min Scorpion Vision Software version: 7.x.x.x
- fixed camera reopen after driver properties changes
- 188.8.131.52 - 03aug2009, min Scorpion Vision Software version: 7.x.x.x
- continuous mode
- does not stop requesting images when connection lost
- CompleteCallback called when new image received
- driver renamed to NetworkCamera.dll
- 184.108.40.206 - 09jul2009, min Scorpion Vision Software version: 7.x.x.x
- initial version